Saturday, March 12, 2022

Cottage Green Quilt Top

 Sorry for the long absence! It has been a full week since I last posted. Whadya' say we blame it on DH? We can, in fact, because his laptop has been in the fixit shop and all week, he has used mine. It just seemed a bother to try blogging when he wasn't using it.

I sewed instead.

And that has paid off. While I have missed staying up-to-date with the blog, I have made quite a lot of progress on a few projects in the sewing room.

First, let's have a look at Cottage Green, now a finished quilt top. I am not going to add borders, and the dullish gold I had considered actually looked quite awful next to this when I auditioned it. 

I am very pleased with the look of this quilt, and will attempt to quilt it in the next few days - maybe before St. Patrick's Day - in honor of green.

My mindset a few quilts back was that snowball blocks were a major time-consuming pain. Nothing could be further from the truth. I don't know how I got that notion in my head. These were just as fast as anything, and I'd do another quilt like this in a heartbeat.

The issue for 3-color quilts (3-fabric quilts, actually) is having enough of the background fabric for the desired quilt. Because I have used so much from my stash, I rarely have large enough neutral yardage any more. This white grunge was left over from the quilt I made for DDEmma last summer. I have used nearly all of it now, so I must keep in mind that neutrals are once again in need of replenishing.

DH's laptop should be fixed in a few more days, so I promise to do better at posting. I have been busy and have lots to share. In addition to sewing, I have been listening to audio books, and have a couple to recommend.

Next time.

Happy Quilting, Friends!






1 comment:

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!