Sunday, March 20, 2022

It's Spring!

Hooray for Spring! I am so happy to see it finally arrive. We began our first day of spring with considerable cloudiness, but the afternoon has brought some very welcome sunshine. That along with a decrease in winds has made for quite a pleasant day.

I continue to be sharing my laptop with my husband, therefore posting continues to be sporadic. However, the bright side of this dilemma is that I have finished some things and have tidied up a significant space in the quilting room. Additionally, I have hosted the Frankfort Girls and helped Sharon load one of her quilts onto the long arm machine  - yes, she is learning now, too! So staying busy has never been an issue around here.

Since it's Sunday, I will take a moment to share some Slow Sunday Stitching and join in the fun at Kathy's Quilts.

 

Cottage Green is now completely done, binding and all. With all the basketball games we've been watching - March Madness - I have stitched two this week. Previously, I did Red Jacob's Ladder which you saw in the last post.


This quilt was a lot of fun to make, and I can definitely see myself making another snowball/9-patch quilt soon. This picture shows a nice close up view of the backing fabric, which turned out to be 44" fabric, not 108" fabric like I'd been thinking. It works; just requires a seam somewhere on the back and that is no big deal.

Cottage Green might make its way to our bed this week since it looks so springy. It barely covers the top of our queen bed, though, and sometimes that is problematic. We'll see how it goes.

On tap for this week's posts: I cleaned off my cutting table; Sharon quilted a pretty Christmas quilt, I continue to work on Ocean Ripples; and the definite possibility of starting a new project and loading another quilt on the Tin Lizzie.

Be sure to stop over at the Slow Sunday Stitching link-up to see what all the girls are working on.

Happy Quilting, Friends!


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on another beautiful finish. Maybe I should get off the computer so I can get quilts finished.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!