Thursday, March 24, 2022

Baby Quilts Gifted

Earlier this month Sharon and I met our friend and former fellow English teacher Dee for lunch.  Big news from Dee is that she is now a grandmother, and both Sharon and I had baby quilts to give her for the new baby girl.

Rather than bother with quilts in a restaurant, we just conducted the gifting right in the windy parking lot. You've seen my contribution already - the chevron quilt in primary colors. Sharon's is much calmer - a soft gray and white rail fence design.



And in the last week or so, Dee has sent pictures of sweet little Emery - now almost 3 months old - on her new quilts. She came into the world a bit prematurely; she's just the tiniest mite of a thing!  These quilts look gigantic with such a tiny baby.


Look at that smile! She is sporting her Irish green finery in that second photo. 

It was great seeing Dee and it is good to gift another quilt. Just this week, I learned that come August our family will have yet another baby coming, so my baby quilt making will be continuing.

Happy Quilting, Friends!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!