Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Blog Feature and Blockheads 4

I have added a page called 'Long Arm Finishes' that I hope you will find enjoyable. It seemed a good idea for me to keep track of what I've quilted to see how I've progressed.  If you read me from a laptop or similar device, the list of pages is in the right margin. If you read me from a mobile device, you will find a ribbon under the header with the word 'Home' and a drop-down arrow. Click that arrow to see all the pages; the new one will be close to the top. The two pictures below illustrate what I mean. To prepare the list, I located the reveal post for each quilted quilt so that I could provide a link. I am so pleased to see that I have done 34 quilts on the Tin Lizzie! Granted, several of those were small, but they still count, right?
           


Next I want to mention that Moda Blockheads is beginning their 4th quilt today. Every Wednesday through the summer months - about half as long as previous Blockheads Sew Alongs - a block will be revealed with instructions and all the participating designers will share their versions online. Here's a link to Moda and details on the newest Blockheads.

Because I am a Blockheads Flunk Out, I am NOT going to join in on #4. No way. However, I do think I will use this as an excuse to return to my Blockheads 1, 2, or 3 - all UFOs - and set to getting at least one of them off the to-do list. And, I will probably print out all the BH4 block patterns, just in case I would ever want them - they are free, so why not?

Let's take a peek at some of my efforts on the aforementioned UFOs.  For Blockheads 1, I believe I have only made one block. After I revisit my project bin, I will know for sure. This is the block - it's from 2017.

 

In 2018, Blockheads 2 came along, and since I had such resounding success with BH1, I decided to do TWO versions of BH2! What on earth was I thinking?! *smh*

Here are pictures representing the two versions. I like them both, but this round of Blockheads had blocks of all different sizes which threw me and I stopped. I knew I'd never have enough fabric for those big blocks.

 

 

 In January of 2020, Blockheads 3 began. Like the crazy quilter that I am, I joined in with all the excitement and good intentions that this time I'd do it; I'd stick with it and finish! Hmmpffff. This post details some of my poor decision making with regard to Blockheads. I won't need to go digging to see what I did on BH1 - I find out from reading this that I went back to it during BH3 and tried catching up.

I JUST HAD A LIGHT BULB MOMENT: It is no wonder I have such a messy sewing room - all these projects - samplers - all the fabrics - all the patterns - no wonder I can't stay ahead of the clutter. I set myself up for a mess. And then I compound it by doing more. Good grief.

Okay, that's about enough for today. I can't dwell on Blockheads any more right now. I am going to do one of two things today: either load a quilt onto the long arm machine, or add the border to Ocean Ripples, a Kaffe Fassett quilt I have been working on. 

Or maybe I will dabble on both. And, UFOs from all those earlier Blockheads will be on my mind.

Happy Quilting, Friends!




 


1 comment:

  1. You are not alone in that you have so many projects, samplers, fabrics , patterns etc. I do too and they are not finished!!! But, they just keep coming up with new and more that have tempted me to start new and more! Ha! Someday... but, I will never live long enough to finish what I have! Thanks for sharing! HUGS... and stitches

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!