Sunday, May 7, 2017

Gluing Hexies

This has been an eventful week, dear readers. I have kept this sort of on the 'down low,' but I figure I will share now that it is behind me. I am recovering from surgery - hysterectomy, to be exact. It had been scheduled for about a month, and I planned several blog posts to run while I was out of commission. All went well, and I am progressing through recovery.

My plan all along for this healing period has been to stock up on several hand-quilting projects and in the last day or so I have finally felt alert enough to glue. Baby steps, right? Elementary stuff, this gluing, but it's about all I've had the interest in doing.

Last evening I glued all the gray swirly hexies you see in front of this small stack. The blue and pale green behind were done before my hospitalization. Do you think these colors are evoking a feeling of water? That is my plan, and I have many more fabrics to add to this array. I first wrote about this project here, if you care to see a recap. That post has some pictures of a few of the other fabrics I will be using.

This blue has interesting "sticks" of black and white, which I think may end up looking like driftwood one would see in a babbling brook.
I arranged a few on my lap desk when I'd finished for the evening. I really need to get more fabrics into the mix; just these three lack impact.

I will continue this work today, and maybe by the end of the week I will be recovered enough that I can return to working at the sewing machine or cutting table again. For right now, sitting with a project in my lap is totally sufficient.

I am linking up with Kathy at Slow Sunday Stitching, since that 's-l-o-w' part seems very appropriate for me these next few days!

Happy Quilting, Friends!


10 comments:

  1. It looks like the beginnings of a beautiful project. Take your recovery slow and steady. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that you are on the mend!

    I like the fabrics that you have chosen for your project. I think this will be a lovely quilt when it is finished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the perfect post-surgical project to slowly prep. Take good care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad that your recovery is progressing well. Your project looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you have a thorough recovery; that's a difficult surgery. I love your hexies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you've been able to do some quilting while you are recuperating. Don't be in any hurry to get back to your busy life. Take time to let yourself completely heal. For me it took a full 6 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice hexies. take care and get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Prayers for a speedy recovery. Time to slow down and relax.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like the perfect project to keep your hands busy while your body recovers. Take it easy and wishing you a speedy recovery

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!