Thursday, May 11, 2017

Sometimes, The Easiest Thing...

...is the thing that you naturally mess up. I was happily stitching along last evening, feet up on the footstool, ball game on the television, and about half-way to finishing my POTC block, THIS happened!!


What?!?! This is going to sound ridiculous, but I could not for the life of me figure out what I had done wrong! I was so certain that the piece standing at attention was sewn in exactly right. I must have made a cutting mistake, I was thinking.

This morning, as I've had a good night's sleep and a large cup of coffee, I can see very clearly that I did, indeed, sew that piece in sideways. DUH!

Now the job of picking it out - that will be a nuisance, since typically these stitches are super-tiny, and how much will have to be redone? I suppose it's a trivial matter, but still.

This is not the first time I've happily stitched along thinking everything was hunky-dory, only to discover that I had sewn myself into a big ol' mess. I even wrote about one such instance here. And I won't even begin to calculate the number of UFOs that became UFOs simply because of a silly, careless boo-boo on my part.

Well, as you can see, the troubles in my world are small-potatoes, aren't they? World calamities, they are not.

In a recovery update, DH took me on an outing yesterday - to the library, the grocery and the drug store! Whoo-hoo! It was exhausting.  However, I am feeling so much better, so this afternoon we are going to venture out again - this time to an Amish greenhouse about 30 minutes south of here. I hope to come home with some pretties!

I've linked up with Kelly for her Needle and Thread Thursday linky party. Ironically, the title for today's post alludes to her own brand of quilting mistake. Her solution was perfect, too. Go have a look!

Happy Quilting, Friends!

2 comments:

  1. Ah geometry! If I am not careful, I do similar things. I even can pick up two pieces correctly but still end up sewing the wrong side together. Wouldn't want my seam ripper to feel unwanted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep! It's very easy to make a mistake in what seem simple, repetitive, sewing projects! I should know...😁 You did the right things - walk away, sleep and coffee! Glad you are feeling stronger and able to enjoy a change of scene.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!