Monday, May 1, 2017

Happy May!


Welcome to May! The first of a new month always fills me with such promise for productivity. How about you? I am considering the goals I will set for myself this month. With no university classes to teach, I ought to be able to accomplish quite a bit; I might set some sort of record even! (Nah, I doubt that!)


Last night while watching Wolf Hall with DH, I worked on glue-basting the first of the elongated hexies for that 10-year project I am beginning. It was quick work, actually; I thought it would be time-consuming and tedious and that wasn't the case at all.

I have ordered some laser-cut cardboard templates, but they are on back-order. So that I can go ahead and get started on these, I have traced a bunch on paper to run through a copier onto cardstock. Now the tedious bit is cutting all of these out! I have a rotary cutter specifically limited to paper cutting, but still - ugh.


I cut enough to get a good start and now I need to cut a few more; the ends justify the means, I suppose I could say. I definitely like the idea of getting this quilt started.


I am keeping everything corralled in a plastic bin - above is my meager beginning. It will be fun to see those hexies multiply. 


What all will you be accomplishing this month? I am so hoping to make May my best month yet! I am linking up with Love Laugh Quilt's Monday Making linky party. 

Happy Quilting, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!