We had a fun-filled, productive day of sewing yesterday at Terry's. The weather was so perfect that all the windows and doors were opened up for a steady flow of fresh air. We enjoyed lunch on her screened porch. And we managed to accomplish quite a bit on our respective projects. Let's see what everyone was working on.
First, our hostess, Terry, had pulled out a t-shirt quilt she is making for a local customer. There will be 49 shirts in this thing - a monstrous size, in my estimation. I rarely go beyond 25 when I do t-shirt quilts. When we laid out the blocks on Terry's queen-size bed, we had to do lots of overlapping.
Sharon O. is partial to small projects and has made many table runners; yesterday, she was starting another one. I don't have any pictures of her fabric choices, but they are very similar to the ones in the pattern picture - it's called Berry Easy, and it will look fantastic.
She has a great book called The Big Book of Table Toppers, pictured below, and I believe she has made a few from this book already.
Jan was glue-basting a new EPP pattern. Last time we were all together for Friday sewing with the Frankfort girls, I mentioned her two new purchases, but forgot to make note of them. Well, this is one of them.(click for link to that post)
The pattern is by Annette Williams, an EPP superstar in Jan's book. As I said, Jan was glue-basting, as she had cut out all the pieces for this quilt already! Fussy-cut, too! Jan is so focused when she gets going on something; she is amazing in how much she can get done.
Susan brought some hand-stitching to work on. She rarely makes anything for herself, and this one is hers, all hers. I love the pink and green combination; and those triangles are so small! What a great look. The appliqued redbird in the center is felt/wool. Her task for yesterday was to stitch the saying at the bottom.
Sharon P. stitched diligently on what will be a beautiful blue and white (cream) 9-patch quilt. I imagine we will sew together next week, and there might very well be a finished top to show you then. For now, here is a tease of her work under the sewing machine.
Finally, I took my EPP elongated hexies to try to get a lot of glue-basting done. And I did. Afterwards, I played around with some sample placement of hexies, just for the fun of it. I still have tons more of these to make, so I won't begin stitching them together for quite awhile yet.
The red hexies will need to be spread out more and used more sparingly. My inspiration is a Minick and Simpson patter called Lake Effect.
Getting together with a group of quilters is a great way to accomplish simple sewing tasks. We all made great progress. That social aspect of quilting is so very satisfying. With that in mind, I will link to Let's Bee Social at Sew Fresh Quilt for their weekly linky party.
I did glue-baste more hexies last evening, and later I pulled out some hand-quilting. I will show you that tomorrow.
Happy Quilting, Friends!