Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Sale Purchase/Stash Enhancement

You know I don't need more fabric. 

I know I don't need more fabric.

Yet, yesterday, I found myself at Old Town Fabric Shop in Chillicothe after my dental appointment, and I took advantage of their 'yard sale' - flat fold fabrics pulled and placed on sale for $5/yard. Who could resist? I sure couldn't.


The fabric on the left is Grant Park by Minick and Simpson/Moda. The fabric on the left is Josephine by French General/Moda. I didn't buy these just on a whim, either. I have a definite plan for each. They will be backs for quilt tops that are already made or close to being made. 

Back a few years ago when I decided to temper my rampant fabric buying, I gave myself permission to take advantage of sales and discounts. If I were to be tempted to buy any regular-priced "new" fabric, I had to have a definite plan or a gift certificate. I have managed to stay true to my rules pretty well.

This was a sizable amount of fabric, and I only spent about $35. I felt that was pretty darn good.

I am off today to sew at Terry's house. I will have lots of pics, I hope. 

Happy Quilting, Friends!

1 comment:

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!