Thursday, November 25, 2021

A Thanksgiving Quilt Show

Happy Thanksgiving to all my faithful readers! Are you preparing for your feast? We will be heading off to my sister's in a little while. I prepared three items for the feast table - spinach dip in a bread bowl, 7-layer salad, and pumpkin cake with cream cheese icing. YUM!

Yesterday DH and I had a little day date to the Ross County Historical Society in Chillicothe. Their special exhibit of quilts from their collection has been on display for a couple of months; the exhibit ends on Saturday.

I won't include a lot of detail on each of these pictures. Instead I will identify, include a year (if known), and point out one or two special qualities. Enjoy!

Mariner's Compass, c. 1890

Mariner's Compass, detail


Honeycomb Patch c. 1900

Honeycomb Patch, detail

Whig Rose c. 1840

Whig Rose, detail

And the show stopper of the entire exhibit is this nearly 10' x 10' beauty.

Eastern Star, Star of the East, Star of Bethlehem - 1835

Eastern Star, detail

Eastern Star, detail

Eastern Star, stitched date of 1835.

Of course, I took almost 70 pictures, and shared just these few here. Maybe in awhile I will post some more. 

If you are able to travel to Chillicothe, OH, this exhibit will only be up for 2 more days - maybe you can check it out!

Happy Quilting, Friends!











2 comments:

  1. The quilts are beautiful. The eastern star quilt is really a showstopper! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Works of art, every one. So gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!