Thursday, November 4, 2021

Sewing With Sharon

 

On Tuesday Sharon was here to sew. We'd missed sewing together the week before, so we had a lot of catching up to do. She brought her tub of Roman Holiday (3 Sisters/Moda) remnants, and was making Tag Sale. This fun quilt is a pattern by Carrie Nelson of Miss Rosie Quilts. Both of us have made Tag Sale before.

And I do not have a picture of Sharon's work. We get to talking and sewing, and I never think to go over to her table to snap pictures. She was making 9-patch blocks, so imagine, if you will.

I worked on the second set of blue stars using Kaffe Fassett fabrics. To say that I had been procrastinating would be an understatement. I need the motivation of having Sharon here to get me in gear and keep me focused. Holds me accountable!

My sewing plan was to make about 10 more of this version of blue star for the project I aim to complete. I made two individual stars to check my measurements, and then cut all the remaining parts for the remaining stars. Some super-efficient chain piecing would soon begin.

While we talked and sewed, and since I was digging around in my Kaffe Fassett stash, we got onto the topic of what we might make with our KF material. Both of us have quite a lot, and we always enjoy the opportunity to use these beautiful, colorful pieces. Some question we posed caused me to grab a couple of books off the shelf to check something (heaven only knows what we needed to know!).

Oh the dreaming and planning that ensued! We could spend the coming year working on quilts made from these two books alone. So many appealing patterns. I have already made several from the Kaleidoscope of Quilts, and you can see how many tabs are sticking out of the top of Quilts in Burano representing quilts I am considering making. Yikes.

We just had the very best kind of day, talking nonstop, planning future beautiful projects, looking ahead to a few special events coming up, and making routine block units like 9-patches (Sharon) and 4-patches (me).

Yesterday, before putting those two books back on the shelf, I decided to take out all my KF books. I might have to spend a cold evening this week looking through this inviting stack.

I don't have all his books, but I have enough, wouldn't you say? It's safe to say that I could remain busy for years on end working through all the potential quilts represented in the pages of these books.

Since Tuesday, I have finished all the stars, and am now ready to begin putting the quilt top together. You know what I plan for my next post, right?

Hope you come back to have a look!

Happy Quilting, Friends!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!