Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Project Shifting

Currently, two quilts are under construction in the quilting room. Both have been mentioned here in recent previous posts, and the fun of it is, I can pick one up depending on what seems most interesting or most doable in the time I have to stitch.

Yesterday is a prime example of working on both. First, I made a few more Temecula Basket blocks and more setting blocks. I need to do some figuring to determine how big I want this to be; surely I am getting close to having a good-sized quilt.

When I was at a good stopping point on Temecula Baskets, I turned to Lunch Box Social. It was supposed to be further along than this after a full day of sewing on Friday with the Frienzies. 

Ahem. 

I did not do nearly as much sewing as I did visiting. 

Truly, those Thangles triangles are the only bits I finished on Friday. I hadn't even unpacked my bags as of yesterday. I was dreading the cutting of all those HSTs. So I faced the music yesterday and got 'em all done.


Perfect 2" HSTs all cut and pressed and ready for the next step in Lunch Box Social. Before I need those, however, I finished a step involving the 9-patches. They needed to be surrounded by this muted stripe. Easy-peasy.

Since this is a smallish quilt - throw or table cloth - I only need to make 9 blocks that are very involved. Then the top construction can begin. This should be coming together quite fast. Makes me wonder why I kept putting off making it - I think I can go back to a goals list for 2017 and see this listed there. *geesh*

Hope you are having the best Wednesday! DH and I are going on an afternoon day date - thrift store shopping and maybe more!

Happy Quilting, Friends!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!