Monday, November 8, 2021

Another Finish! And Working Through My List

The past week proved about as productive as any week could in my sewing room. BOOM! I nailed a couple of biggies on the 2021 Goals List. 


The two red check marks are the newest completions on this list. I shared #5 previously - it is now called Cobalt Stars, as you will see by clicking here.

Getting to add that check to #8 is a real satisfying finish, let me tell you. Long arming what is basically a plain piece of fabric was not a task I particularly relished. But gosh, I did it, and with relative ease, I might add. 

Before I add all the details on Emma's Quilt, I will explain the other markings on my list. The purple x's are previously finished projects. The green arrows are the next areas of focus for me. I will be sharing  progress on them  in upcoming posts.

Now, for Emma's Quilt. My original thought was that I would quilt it on Friday-Saturday, and bind it on Sunday. However, I found some latent energy somewhere, and finished the whole quilt, binding and all, on Saturday night. Whoa! I have to say I am exceedingly pleased with the finish, too.

 


See what I mean about quilting a whole-cloth-type quilt? A discerning eye will see the one faint block up there near that pillow. The fabric is not dirty; rather I've used Basic Grey's Grunge fabric for the look Emma wanted. Both the background and the star are in Grunge.

The star deserves a close up. One simply cannot go wrong with an Ohio Star in a quilt, and this big guy looks quite classy in grunge.

Just about all the quilts I've had on the long arm lately have this beige dot backing; I bought a whole bolt of it, and at 108" wide it is an obvious go-to. I like how it also works just perfectly as binding.

This quilt will go to Emma next weekend, if all goes as planned. We are working out details for a girls' day, so this will be included during that time together.

Now what will this new week bring? I can't possibly hope to have two finishes on the goals list, but I can begin work on some of those green arrows.

Happy Quilting, Friends!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!