Thursday, November 18, 2021

Emma's New Quilt Delivered

The specially designed quilt for DD Emma was delivered and spread on her bed Saturday. If you are looking for a colorful, lively quilt, this is not the place to search. Emma's request was for a minimalist-style quilt in monochromatic tones. 

If you have followed along for awhile, you already know to look for the large single block in this quilt. Here at my house, I'd always placed in the upper left corner, but when we put it on Emma's bed, she wanted it in the bottom right corner. See if you can locate it.

It's slightly more visible in this second shot. Notice how nicely the two tones of Grunge fabric work in this monochromatic design. And the quilting shows up nicely, too.

The Ohio Star shows a bit more clearly when one zooms in on it. Emma wanted it to be subtle and she assured me that the quilt suits perfectly - just as she had hoped. Whew! I sure am glad about that. It appears that Schmoopy approves, too.

I have worked mostly on Lunch Box Social in the last day or so, but I may shift to yet another activity today - loading a quilt onto the longarm machine and doing some quilting. Gah! It's the getting started that is so hard! Once I get going, I am supremely happy and feeling confident. 

I need a good swift kick to the posterior.

Happy Quilting, Friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!