Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Another Long Arm Finish and a Correction

My friend Kay made this lap quilt out of beautiful French General reds and creams. I had the pleasure of quilting it! Proof that I am growing more and more comfortable with using the long arm machine! Yay! 

Who ever thought I'd need a 5-year learning curve?!

So here is the 54-inch square quilt, all dolled up with my special brand of meander quilting. Ha. Who am I kidding? For me, this is always a wish and a prayer, at best. I know I need practice, and that is exactly what this quilt and most of the others have been, for sure.

Love those stars! French General fabrics are generally the prettiest of reds and off-whites, and this does not disappoint. I do not know any details, like what line or lines the fabric is, nor do I know the name of the pattern. If anyone can provide such details, I'd sure love to know. 

And, how nice that the fabric goes nicely with the beige dot backing that has been my go-to. Looks like it was planned, doesn't it?

Now, for the correction part of this post. The last post contained my 2021 goals list, with all the finishes marked off. Well, I missed one! Here is a corrected list, with # 7 crossed off; it was done back in April or early May as a graduation gift. 

 

There, I feel better having that record set straight. And, I guess I will go ahead and say that I've made some progress on # 14 today - I have it all cut out and ready to sew at a Frienzies sewing day on Friday.

Happy Quilting, Friends!






 


1 comment:

  1. Kay's quilt is beautiful! You did a great job with the quilting!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!