Saturday, November 6, 2021

Locked And Loaded

I think that phrase locked and loaded has referenced a lot of things other than quilting, but by gosh, I have finally loaded this quilt top onto the long-arm, and I am locked in for a finish.

The quilt in question is the special request quilt from DD Emma last Christmas. She wanted a quilt to serve as her bedspread, and preferred that it be entirely neutral. After a few months of back-and-forth on designs and fabric options, we came up with the quilt I made back in August. Here's a post explaining the fabric and the single block.

Yesterday afternoon, I finally loaded the top onto the longarm. Yeah, you all know what a pro I am at procrastinating, so the fact that the top has been waiting since the end of August should surprise no one.

Because there are no quilt blocks to use for gauging my stitching and meandering, quilting this offers me a bit of a challenge. Yes, I have some imperfections, but the earlier quilts I've done have given me ample practice, so I feel as though this will turn out fine. I am taking my time ensuring that I am meandering evenly.

This last picture shows that I am approaching the single Ohio Star in the upper left corner of the quilt. Or the bottom right corner, depending on how she puts it on her bed. I am about half done, at this point, I'm guessing. 

Back to it! I want to have this off the long arm today, and ready to bind tomorrow! 

Happy Quilting, Friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!