Saturday, May 21, 2022

A Second Quilt for Hettie

Frienzies will do ANYTHING for one another! Case in point, Hettie called out of the blue on Monday to see if I would agree to quilt a baby quilt she was making. She brought it on Wednesday and by Thursday it was quilted. This morning, I have bound it. 

Frienzies, for readers who aren't regulars here, are my former teaching colleagues - now all retired - who make a concerted effort to connect monthly. We are the very best friends and have been having fun for over 20 years. From dinners in restaurants, to feasts in our homes, to vacations, crafting and activities, we eight friends have made lots of memories together.

You may recall that I quilted a baby quilt for Hettie a week or so ago, which I shared in this post. When she contacted me again to see if I'd do another baby quilt, of course I said yes.

Isn't this adorable?!! The quilt is very simple - chunky blocks of gray and mint, a few top and bottom border rows of solid, and the show-stopper, that adorable applique center. Perfect. It was fast for her to make, and it will be pleasing for the recipient, no doubt.

 It took no time at all to quilt it - baby quilts are great that way - and I agreed to bind it for her, too Last evening, I made the binding, and today's agenda was to attach. I have just completed said agenda item, and it is ready to go back to Hettie. *smile*


I get credit for yet another quilt done on the long arm machine, and Hettie will have a sweet gift for an expectant mother in time for the baby shower. Win-win.

Short and sweet today, Peeps! Enjoy your Saturday!

Happy Quilting, Friends!


 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!