Monday, May 30, 2022

Memorial Day

"We are forever indebted to those who have given their lives that we might be free." ~ Ronald Reagan

'Thank you' hardly seems adequate enough to express the gratitude we have for the price so many have paid. This American is grateful for that service and sacrifice.

Will you be taking time today to reflect on the true reason we set aside this day with a 3-day weekend? It's more than cookouts and pool parties. Honor those brave souls who fought so valiantly for our freedoms.

Around here, we honor the day in small ways - use the red, white and blue picnic plates; put the patriotic quilt on the porch table. Our porch is peaceful and inviting in the early morning. The sun crested the trees  at around 7 this morning, so you are seeing the yard still in shadows. It is just waking up!

I will very likely do some patriotic sewing today. This free pattern from Moda has been on my wish-list for awhile now, so I think it might become a reality today. My own little patriotic celebration at the sewing machine. 

Screen shot from Moda site.

Here's the link to the free pattern. Those stars are quite tiny, but I only need to make five of them, so I can justify the effort. The pillow cover is sized for a  20" x 20" form. 

Making it today doesn't necessarily put it on the sofa today, but come the 4th of July, I will be all set. Maybe I will even have made a second one by then! *smile*

Enjoy your celebration, be it large or small!

Happy Quilting, Friends!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!