Sunday, May 22, 2022

Slow Sunday Update

I deemed my efforts on Lake Effect to be a 10-year project when I first began working on it in May 2017. Five years into the project, I wonder if I am ahead of projections or behind? Let's have a look at what I've done. The past many, many months have been solely devoted to applique. 

Such long narrow strips are difficult to photograph, especially for an amateur like myself. Oh well, you are here to see the sewing not the photography, right? These four panels will form an inner border on Lake Effect. Elongated hexies will surround that border. All I have left to do on these panels is to add berries, and one more bird. I expect I may have some "fiddling" when the corners come together - both unsewing and resewing will likely be required.

I should have enough hexies prepared for finishing this quilt, so once this applique border section is completed, the rest should be rather straightforward. I know, that's being optimistic, but that's my nature. I will deal with complications as they arise.

And, I think I am ahead of schedule on my 10-year plan. *wink*

Are you having the rainy weather we've been having lately? I have emptied the rain gauge 3 times in the last week: 1 inch; 2.5 inches; 1.5 inches. Five inches total! We cannot keep up with the mowing. I wonder how the farmers are ever keeping up with the planting!?

Linking up with Kathy for her Slow Sunday Stitching.

Happy Quilting, Friends!


 


7 comments:

  1. This is a long term project, for sure, but a beautiful one!
    Gail at the Cozy Quilter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gail. I work on it so rarely, I am embarrassed to admit my long stretches of time that it goes untouched. I know it will be worth it, so I am trying to improve my efforts to finish it!

      Delete
  2. This is so beautiful! I hope you get a lot of applique accomplished on your upcoming vacation, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gretchen. If I do make good progress while on this vacation, you can be sure that I'll be bragging about it!

      Delete
  3. Yes... you are totally ahead! I love the pops of red in the borders!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a lot of applique, but it seems you are almost done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful long term project. I think you may beat your 10 year plan.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!