Thursday, May 26, 2022

A Very Special Little Stepping Stones

After finishing Stepping Stones last week, I was left with quite a few parts - setting blocks, pieced blocks and side and corner triangles. Rather than to pack it all away never to be seen or used, I laid out a miniature version of the quilt I'd just made. Unbelievable! I had plenty to make a small quilt.

And so I did. 

The parts were all just pinned together yesterday when Sharon came to sew, and my first agenda item was to sew this small quilt top together. It needed to be done and removed from the chaos in the sewing room.

Isn't she a pretty little thing? I am so pleased with myself for just going ahead with this and not letting it sit unfinished in storage. I still have a small amount of the floral fabric leftover. That will very likely become 2.5" strips. There are no pieced blocks left over - YAY! And I do have a fair amount of solid remaining, but I can return it to my tub of solid fabrics for use in a future quilt.

Now let's compare this small quilt to it's big sister.


I might have had a bit of extra motivation to make this second quilt. Big excitement is brewing around here! Instead of calling these big sister/little sister, I believe they shall be referred to as Grandmother/Granddaughter - yes, I will become a first -time grandmother in October to a little girl!

And we are definitely over the moon excited.

Happy Quilting, Friends!


2 comments:

  1. How exciting! A granddaughter will be a wonderful addition! And this is a beautiful quilt for her debut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your exciting news! I love the two quilts! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!