Sunday, May 8, 2022

Happy Mother's Day!

I hope all you moms out there are having a wonderful day. And I extend that greeting to all surrogate moms, moms-to-be, and others who fill that role.

I will enjoy an afternoon visit with my own dear momma, and while we are there I think my daughters will stop in for a visit, as well. Yay! 

Here are Mom and I a few years ago celebrating something at the local Mexican restaurant we all love. 

And here I am with our daughters in 2020 when we spent the weekend in a cabin in Hocking Hills. Totally unplanned, we arrived dressed identically, proof that we must surely be related!

Our son lives all the way out in Oregon so we do not see him often; he's texted this morning, and in a few weeks we'll be driving out there to see him. All these pics need updating; Adam's dog Steve has been gone since '18! 

Does it surprise you to know that I take far more pictures of quilts than I do family? Yikes.

Well, I hope you are able to celebrate Mom in some way, shape or form!

Happy Quilting, Friends!


 




2 comments:

  1. How wonderful you can visit your mom in person now! That must have been terribly hard during isolation. Have a great week with lots of happy stitching! Driving to Oregon?, you can get a lot of hand work accomplished on Lake Effect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Gretchen, that is a great suggestion. Very likely, it is the only project I will take, and I could - COULD - get a lot done on it!

      Delete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!