Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Checking The Goals

Here we are five months into 2022, and I am feeling like I need to check my progress on my goals for the year. I first shared that list back in January, naturally, but I don't refer to it too often. I try to return to it every few months just to be sure I am staying on track.

Goals met - DONE in other words: 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 8, 11. Seven finished goals out of 15 in five months - I'll take that. Those two baby quilts are quilted; one is gifted and the other is ready for gifting. Click this link to see all these completed quilts.

In the works: Item 3 - Sharon and I have set aside our red and white double Irish chain quilts for July. We are making it the same as item 13 - sew along. And, for what seems like ages, I am still working on Item 7, Lake Effect.

Partial credit for 14. Since the first of the year, I have quilted 12 quilts, so I am definitely ahead of pace for 2 per month. I do hope to ramp up my productivity here. I need to stay focused on this and keep the momentum going. I have a page - click here - for just quilts that I've long-arm quilted. The page is a comprehensive list; the first for 2022 was #29 - Teter Baby Quilt.

Item 15 is quite vague; since it will take all year to fully assess this one, I will give myself partial credit for the following quilts:

4-Patch Delight
 
Cottage Green
3-Yard Quilt
No progress has been made on items 9, 10, 12. Need to get in gear! Especially those UFOs in number 10. I still want to make these quilts, but the freedom of items like "numerous TBA quilts" seems to capture my fancy before I can zero in on them.

All in all, it seems like I am doing okay on meeting the goals. In a few weeks, we will take a rather long vacation; not much quilting will get done, but I am going to take hand work, specifically Lake Effect, and work on it from the passenger seat of the car. Hoping for some significant progress! After that vacation, I can sew, sew, sew. I see no major interruptions to accomplishing the goals.

Happy Quilting, Friends!



4 comments:

  1. I think you've made a lot of progress this year. I look forward to seeing what you accomplish with Lake Effect while on your vacation, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am definitely taking your recommendation to work on Lake Effect while traveling. I sure hope I can discipline myself to work steadily on it!

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh, your list looks a lot like mine in terms of number of projects. It feels a bit overwhelming. I have so many "balls in the air". I seem to stall out after the blocks are sewn together. I must have three quilts waiting for borders. Borders are boring so I put them off. Oh, for a week where I had nothing to do but sew!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure lots of quilters relate to that "boring" nature of borders. I am sorta' that way, for sure. I have made lots of quilts lately that don't need borders! Nice! By far, the most fun of the entire quilting process is starting. I could start a new quilt every day and be perfectly happy. I have to restrain myself to finish. Happy Quilting!

      Delete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!