Monday, May 9, 2022

Quilting For Others

Once upon a time, this quilter was certain she'd never feel confident enough at the long arm machine to ever, ever, EVER quilt another person's quilt. I knew first hand the love and care that goes into piecing a quilt. I could not even think about quilting one and ruining it with sub-par quilting. Doing it on my own work would be one thing; doing it on another's carefully created quilt top would be an entirely different story. Unthinkable!

I'll have you know, that with steady practice, I have agreed to do two in the past month or so. And they turned out pretty darn good, in my opinion. Granted, they were small - one was a panel wall hanging; the other was a baby quilt - but I wasn't ashamed in handing them back over to the quilters. 

This first one has been done for quite awhile, but because of our schedules, I couldn't get Helen's penguin wall hanging back to her until a couple weeks ago. This past Friday when the Frankfort Girls met at Helen's house, she'd prepped the binding and worked on while we visited.

I'd quilted it in late March, according to the date on this picture. It was fun to quilt; my first panel, actually.

This second quilt is much more recent - Hettie (one of my Frienzies) brought this baby quilt over on Saturday morning, and I quilted it Saturday afternoon. It is such a dreamy little quilt! The lucky baby will never be too overstimulated with such a calm, peaceful quilt.

So, while I am not doing anything remotely close to starting a quilting business, I am feeling comfortable picking up occasional small project to help out some friends. These two little quilts were good practice for me, and with each quilt I finish on the long arm machine, I feel confidence growing. 

It's all good!

Happy Quilting, Friends!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!