Sunday, May 1, 2022

It's May! Slow Sunday, Too!

Gosh, how to handle all the excitement?! First we'll welcome in May,  then we'll take a look at some recent slow stitching.

May Day! I doubt there will be any celebrating around here today; the weather is gray and rainy and cool and breezy - not very conducive to being outdoors. I can, however, see the lilac bush out the family room window, and that's worth celebrating in itself!

Now for the slow stitching. I opted to hand stitch the binding on the most recent quilt I finished on the long arm. This is Patriotic Dreams from last year's sew-along Spring Dreams. Here's a post to read about it.

The birds have been singing in full-throated glory lately, so even though it is cool and raining, I tried stitching on the front porch. I didn't last too long. Even though I could use the quilt to wrap around my lap while stitching, I still got too cold.


 I will link up with Kathy for her weekly Slow Stitching Party. It's been awhile, and I like to check in on the participants to see what all they've been working on.

Tomorrow, the April wrap-up, and after that I've been remiss in posting some recent activities, so I will get on that. My April numbers for posting were down and I attribute that to this darn allergy I've dealt with since mid-month. Perhaps I can redeem myself in May. 

Happy Quilting, Friends!






8 comments:

  1. No dancing outside celebrating May Day for you, then?? I am afraid it is has been dull and overcast here, too. Sitting in front of the fire for me. =) A view of lilacs from your window; how lovely. That is indeed worthy of a little celebration. Your Patriotic Dreams is lovely. Enjoy your hand quilting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, no dancing outside just yet; warmer days are coming, though.

      Delete
  2. Happy May Day. Such a lovely patriotic piece that you are working on. I am pulling out some red, whites and blues to work on too. Have a wonderful day and happy quilting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Melisa! I appreciate your stopping by to visit!

      Delete
  3. We finally are having a relatively warm day today. It has been too cool and windy for doing anything outside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Springtime seems to be reluctant to come this year I think we are going to have a gorgeous day today (Monday) and storms tomorrow. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Oh, I don't blame you for wanting to go outside to stitch. I look forward to doing just that when it warms up a little.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn’t it relaxing to stitch outdoors? ☺️❤️

      Delete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!