Sunday, May 29, 2022

Baby Boy Quilt

When an idea takes hold, I just run with it. Retirement allows me the freedom to do that, thankfully, and I have the desire, so it all works out great. *smile*

I seem to be making a lot of baby quilts lately, and one I needed to get busy on was for my nephew and his wife who are expecting boy #4 in a few months.

I teased a couple days ago with these happy pinwheel blocks which I made on Wednesday while Sharon was here.

 

When I had about 20 I prepped setting blocks out of some fat quarters I'd recently picked up. Laid out on the bed, I was satisfied, but needed it to be a bit bigger. 

It was fine in the length, but I thought it ought to have one more block in width. Back to cutting and piecing pinwheels. I used 4" squares to result in pinwheels that measured 6.75". It was all made up, so I just created my own measurements.

The one juvenile print.

Acceptable companion print #1.

Acceptable companion print #2. 
 

The setting blocks are not all juvenile prints, but the color works and they "read" juvenile when combined. I laid them out in diagonal fashion and stitched them up with Eleanor Burns' chain-piecing method.

I have sorta' been hankering to make a quilt with pinwheels, so I am really pleased to have thought to make them for a baby quilt. They are just so cheerful and happy. I will definitely keep this in mind for future reference.


Hope you are having a great day! 

Happy Quilting, Friends!





1 comment:

  1. A great idea for a small quilt! And, I'm a blue & white fan, so this colour combo makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!