Monday, May 2, 2022

April Wrap-Up

Time again for a monthly round up  -  already! These sure do come around fast, don't you think?

While my blog posting was sub-par as far as frequency goes, I did manage to do lots and lots of sewing. Because of quilt retreat there are lots of finishes! Yay! Let's review...

TOP ROW: I quilted Lady of the Lake before retreat and completed the binding while at retreat. The next two top row pics are flimsies finished at retreat, Mini Trip Around the World and Ohio Star Exchange

MIDDLE ROW: Also at retreat, I made the super-easy 3-yard quilt that Jan gifted me. The middle picture is of me and two college friends. We met up at a fraternity alumni bash; our husbands were fraternity brothers 50 years ago. Let's just say that no one knows us like college pals do, and the laughter was non-stop. The last picture in row 2 is the quilt I mentioned in this post - made by Frienzie Kay, and quilted by me.

BOTTOM ROW: Five of the Frienzies visited Kay last week, and we delivered the quilt. I will write a separate post about that outing soon. The last two pics are things I worked on at the very end of April. I quilted the patriotic quilt and am still hand-stitching the binding. All the Great Granny blocks are made and slowly the flimsy is coming together. About half the rows and sashing strips are joined together at this time.

So what will May bring?? (Besides May flowers.) I will definitely finish the Great Granny quilt. I am still attempting to long-arm one quilt each week - so I need to select and prep 4 quilts. 

Two or three yet-to-be-started quilts have been niggling at me as I finish up these other projects that have been ongoing. I can see a pretty pink 9-patch quilt coming, as well as another 9-patch/snowball quilt that will be primarily green and white. I also have a combination of stash fabrics hanging on my quilting room door that I have ideas about - I suppose an upcoming post on it is warranted. 

Here's an inspiration pic from Pinterest; I will do the Stepping Stones blocks in pink and white, and the setting squares will all the the same - a floral fabric that's been aging here in the sewing room for a few years. Changing it up to suit my stash and my needs, you know. Click the picture to be taken to the Pinterest link.


I need to get out of the sewing room for awhile, though, and do some spring tasks around here! My screened porch needs tidying. Windows need washing. This gorgeous spring weather is waiting to be enjoyed!

Hope you have a wonderful May, and a super-fantastic Monday!

Happy Quilting, Friends!





1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the link to the Irish Change quilt! I found out today that I need to make quilts for a friend whose daughter is having twins, a boy and a girl. I can cut down the size of the blocks and make one with pink chains and one with blue...perfect! I'm in awe of how much you accomplished in April!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!