Monday, March 25, 2013

Chapstick Cozy

I showed you all the cute lipbalm carrier I made a few posts back. I had a follower ask about it, and if I would show how it's made.

Since I got the idea from Pinterest, I figured I should direct you to the source. Little Bit Funky is a blog that has several appealing ideas to check out. This is the link to the blog Little Bit Funky's  Chapstick Cozy. Here is the Pinterest link.


My version is made with a different sized D-ring. I did not have any 2-inch D-rings, so I used a round curtain rod ring. It looks a bit less polished, but will still serve its purpose. I checked my local Ben Franklin and they did not have much variety in the D-ring department, so I bought the 1-inch size. It, too, does not look as neat as the one made by Little Bit Funky. I will continue to look for the proper size and stock up when I find them. I can see me making lots of these to have on hand for emergency gifts or whenever a 'little something' would be a boost to someone. Here's a look at mine again. I would say I have made about 10 or 12 now.


So, do you find that when browsing Pinterest you find inspiration? I sure do. If I want an idea for dinner, I go to Pinterest. If I want an idea for a baby quilt, I go to Pinterest. If I want an idea for something fun to send for a holiday, I go to Pinterest.

Here are a few things I have recently done, just to show you how useful I find this incredible website.

We had a serious soap scum problem on our shower doors. Nothing DH used, would bust the crud. So I snooped around Pinterest and found this, called The BEST soap scum remover ever, and we mixed up a batch. It really is wonderful! Our shower doors look like new again! It is amazing. And yes, my DH does the bathrooms. He's pretty amazing, too. *wink and grin*


I needed a quick and easy brunch-type dish for when we have overnight guests. I found a recipe that has been my go-to for about a year now - Sticky Bun Breakfast Ring. So fast and easy, and perfect for when you have guests and don't want to spend all your time in the kitchen. In fact, I made it this morning, and we don't have company!! It's great with a cup of coffee. *mmmm*


Finally, I will show you a quilting-related Pin that inspired me to go straight to the sewing room and make the block. This is called Inverted Star, and whatever the reason, as soon as I saw it I wanted to make it. So I printed off the instructions and headed upstairs. It was loads of fun to make. This is the pic from Pinterest.


And here is the block I made. It became a pillow top, but I apparently did not take a picture of that finish. It was gifted to Sharon P. and it goes with the Great Granny pillow I gave her, also. Same fabrics, different designs, if you know what I mean.


It appears I have drifted in my topic for this blog. I began by simply offering the information on how to find the directions for the Chapstick Cozy, and I morphed into an expose' on how I use Pinterest for inspiration and problem-solving.

How do you use Pinterest? Have you found some "gems" that you really love?

Happy Quilting, Friends!
 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for all the great tips and links! Your chapstick holder is very cute. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!