Sunday, March 24, 2013

Productivity

If ever any two quilters could be the epitome of productive, I nominate Sheryll and Terry. These girls went to a guild retreat a week ago, and they had several finishes to share with us on Friday when we met for quilting.

These girls belong to a guild headquartered in Circleville called the Goodtime Quilters. This guild sponsors a retreat every March, and from the looks of things, a lot gets accomplished.

I will begin by saying I want to make every single one of the quilts you are about to see. Everything about them is wonderful. I'm inspired by their work.


This is Sheryll's creation. It is a Jo Morton pattern called Somerset. Isn't the mustard yellow great as a background? and the blocks are so scrappy - it would be wonderful for using up the stash.


Terry wins the prize for accomplishing the most. She had hers folded neatly on her lap, and she waited so patiently to show off her creations! She was eager, you could tell. Unfold this (above) and feast your eyes on some gorgeousness.


This is called Butter Churn. I do not recall the maker of the pattern. I love the scrappiness of it. What fun to play with so many fabrics in the stash! This just looks like the kind of quilt I need to make.


Another finish for Terry is this stash-buster called I Like It Like That by The Good Life. The black HSTs are places strategically to form a wonderful secondary design. The border looks awesome, too.


And to prove my point about productivity, Terry showed us this quilt which has been quilted and is awaiting binding. It is called Best of All. It is another great stash-buster, and I want to make it - really bad! Isn't it fun?


Sharon had a patriotic wall-hanging to show us. She did not go to the retreat, but had a finish, nontheless. This quilt is called Fourth of July by Kim Schaeffer. Sharon is donating this to her church for a fundraiser.

So, do you feel inspired? I sure do. It really helps to keep me focused to have such productive quilting friends. It's sorta' like trying to "keep up with the Joneses," you know?

So I need to stay busy up in the sewing room. I sure have a long wish list of quilts to make, and it has gotten lots longer since knowing these girls!

Happy Quilting, Friends!
 

4 comments:

  1. You are so lucky to have wonderful quilting friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want your quilting friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, what lovely scrappies! Sounds like a wonderful time with friends! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're so lucky to have these get togethers. I love best of all! Do you know the name of this block?

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!