Sunday, March 10, 2013

Succumbing

I did! I succumbed to the fabric buying urge while I was at The Laughing Ewe with the Frankfort friends on Friday. You may remember that I have my criteria, as I have outlined here previously.

Two of the criteria are:
1. Buy fabric that is on sale or reasonably priced.
2. Buy fabric when there is a precise project for its use.

The following purchases met those 2 criteria.


These cheerful fat quarters are intended for a baby quilt that someone dear to me will be needing come July. She has looked at my Pinterest board of quilts and seems to favor the quilts with the bright, happy colors. So I am preparing...

Now for the great price. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the great deal on this Bali Pop. I have leftover batiks, and this will go great with them, or some new project I have percolating in the back of my mind.


Well, we have guests this weekend. Erin and Jeff are here with their cat, Rocky. Emma is home for the last day of her spring break, and Adam comes and goes. We actually had our three children home at the same time! I don't think I announced it here yet, but Erin and Jeff got engaged on Valentine's Day. We are very happy for them, and I will be in mother of the bride mode over the course of the next year. The date will be May 2014, so I have a long time to plan and such. :-)

Happy Quilting, Friends!
 

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, very exciting times. Love the Bali Pops, wish I had gotten them on sale, but I'm glad I succumbed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such nice bright fabrics, just the cure for the winter blue. Love your Bali Pops. Congratulations on the upcoming wedding.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!