Monday, March 4, 2013

Emma's T-Shirt Quilt

If you recall the last couple of posts, I've referenced some projects I've had lined up that I have been procrastinating on. My typical method of work is to go full steam ahead at the beginning of a project, and then I stall out, and have a hard time finishing. That accounts for why I currently have soooo many UFOs.

Well, I got energized by a quick finish on fixing the handles on the bag for DS. This motivated me to pull out another recent UFO - Emma's t-shirt quilt. I showed progress here on the blog well before Christmas. I recall putting it aside to do some last minute Christmas sewing. Then we threw ourselves into moving the sewing room to a larger space, so all my projects were on hold during that time.

Now, it's time I got back to finishing these things! I have come so close, it is ridiculous not to get the finish, right?


I had this quilt top done with the exception of the borders. Good grief! So I got busy today, cut some 6" borders out of the pink and white polka dot flannel, and sewed it on.


Emma seems to be pleased with her quilt. She's home for spring break this week.


And since I was on a roll, I went ahead and prepared the backing. I will try to get a batting this week. I have a coupon for JoAnn Fabrics that should get me one rather inexpensively. This quilt may be in the hands of a long-arm quilter before the week is out!

Yay for finishes!!

Happy Quilting, Friends!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!