Monday, March 25, 2013

Mixed Messages

We saw the Baltimore orioles back at our birdfeeder this weekend. They have been regulars in the spring for 3 or 4 years now! It is a true sign of spring when the orioles appear. We have at least one pair - the female with her more subtle coloration, and the male with his brighter orangey-red vest. They rarely fly up to the feeder, but prefer to stay on the ground and eat the seeds that have been scattered about by other birds.

This looks like a male; the vest is red and the belly is white.
The contrast is not as pronounced in the female.
So that is a sign of spring, but Mother Nature is sending out mixed messages here in south-central Ohio! The snow came yesterday (above) and increased overnight! Take a look!


I'm confident Mother Nature will get it all figured out soon.

Let me take a moment to have you go check out Little Bit Funky. I mentioned this blog in my previous post - the origin of the Chapstick Cozy. Well, you have got to read her Palm Sunday post about Resurrection Eggs. It is wonderful. Even though my kids are all grown, it helped remind me of the significance of Holy Week. God Bless!

Hope you have a great Monday!
Happy Quilting, Friends!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!