Sunday, March 3, 2013

Roman Holiday Fabric

Yes, that is definitely a blast from the past. This wonderful fabric has been out for about 10 years, maybe more. Finding it is impossible, too. Everyone loved it, apparently, from the absolute absence of it online.

The most beautiful of all fabrics of all times, this red with white swirling leaves. Absolutely heavenly!
Roman Holiday by 3 Sister/Moda captured my fancy when I first saw it in a particular shop in Columbus. I bought a fat quarter bundle, so I had a little bit of each fabric in the line. My quilting girlfriends were soon swooning over it, and more than one of them began building their own stash of Roman Holiday. The gorgeous red in the picture above is Sharon P.'s 2-yard cut. A precious commodity!

I have Roman Holiday on my mind lately because Sharon is beginning a project using her RH fabric. She began cutting it out here at my house last week.

Sharon's Roman Holiday stash
Her project is a kit she bought ages ago using this wonderful fabric. We have talked for ages that we really need to use our Roman Holiday fabric because it's too pretty to keep in a plastic tub in the closet. So she is beginning Three Coins by Miss Rosie's Quilt Company.


Here are some of the blocks Sharon had constructed by the end of our day. Take in the sights; they are wonderful.




Because she was"playing" in her Roman Holiday, I was longing to "play" in mine. So I pulled it out. This is where you insert the image of a quilter "petting" her fabric. Yeah, that is what I was doing.


On the bottom red is Sharon's big cut; layered on top of that are some of the pieces from my stash. I have managed to find a few pieces, but never have I located any more of that wonderful red.


This is my fat quarter pack. I love it, sigh.

You know what I wish?? I wish Moda would re-release this line. In my opinion, there would be a tremendous demand, and countless appreciative quilters!

What is your all-time favorite line of fabric?

Happy Quilting, Friends!
 

5 comments:

  1. I'm making a EEP hexi quilt with this line. I started off with a jelly roll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I instantly fall in love with ALL fabrics designed by 3 Sisters. My all time favorite fabric however is Blueberry Crumb Cake by Blackberry Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I remember when this came out. I had just begun quilting. I adore nearly everything 3 Sisters makes. My favourite all time is a moda line called Victorian Decadence by April Cornell. It has a really deep eggplant colour mixed with greens creams and blush pinks. Where did April Cornell disappear too moda? I also love most of Blackbirds lines too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I remember when this came out. I had just begun quilting. I adore nearly everything 3 Sisters makes. My favourite all time is a moda line called Victorian Decadence by April Cornell. It has a really deep eggplant colour mixed with greens creams and blush pinks. Where did April Cornell disappear too moda? I also love most of Blackbirds lines too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I have four charm packs of Roman Holiday and some extra in the green and flowered material. I am trying to find a pattern to make a quilt for my parents. Not sure what to make. Soooooo many ideas. Pinwheels, disappearing 9 patch, disappearing 4 patch, chevron, half square triangles...my head is spinning. Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!