Monday, October 12, 2015

Mom's Place Mats

I was being a bit less than truthful in my recent posts about place mats. You see, my original intent was to make a set to give to my mother who recently celebrated her birthday. We had the big October birthday bash yesterday at Max and Erma's over at the Roberts Center near Wilmington. Mom now has her place mats, and I can come clean. (These little fibs - my conscience always gets the best of me!)

 Mom likes to garden.  She also likes pretty dishes. She also likes interesting foods. So the panel that combined all of these things seemed perfect for her. As I've done with all of these sets, I rummaged through my fat quarters to come up with suitable accent fabrics for the edges. I especially liked this combination.

 Here's a better shot of the center panel. I wish I'd taken a picture of the other motif. These place mat centers were all cut from one fat quarter panel; two look like this and the other two have a slightly different design. All very pretty.

Here are the set of 4, freshly pressed and waiting on gift-wrapping. And you can see in the background, I have the next set prepped for finishing.

This is my mom, Jeannie, with her new place mats. Photo bombing next to her is my youngest sibling, Carol. And in the background is Ann, my sister-in-law. We had a fantastic time at the birthday bash. Between Ann's family and ours, there are about 10 fall/October birthdays, so this was the reason for the bash at Max and Erma's - no one's house is big enough for all this crowd!!

Happy Quilting, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!