Thursday, January 2, 2020

A Look Back At 2019

On Tuesday, the last day of 2019, I spent a good bit of time looking back through pictures on my phone - particularly those taken in '19. It is gratifying to see that the year was good in terms of my sewing and quilting, as well as in terms of our projects around the house.

In an effort to "sum up" in the briefest way, I made three collages: one of big quilts completed; one of smaller projects completed; and one of home projects completed.


In the big quilt category, I selected these 9 photos, although that 8th picture contains two quilts. Two of the quilts in this collage were made start to finish - including quilting and binding! - in this calendar year. Now that is a big deal for this old gal, let me tell you. Moda Love, in the middle of the top row, and Blue Lagoon, the first quilt in the middle row, were the two done entirely this year. I gave Moda Love to my mom for Christmas, and Blue Lagoon was a wedding gift to my nephew and his new bride back in September.

The middle pictures of both the middle row and the bottom row represent UFOs that I finished. Having completed a whopping 12 UFOs in 2018, I began '19 completely burnt out on them. Getting these three done in '19 leaves me energized enough to consider doing two in this new year.


Not all smaller projects were quilts, as you can see from the collage above. I included the Harry Potter robes that I made for my nieces, as well as pillows and pillow cases.


In the home projects collage, I run the gamut - curtains for our porch, a bedspread made of ticking, painting the faux windows on the garage door, reupholstering an old chair, power washing a weather-worn porch swing, painting a kitchen table and six chairs, and turning an extra bedroom into a long-arm quilting room. Two pics in the collage - the applique work for the Lake Effect quilt and the cross body bag - are not certainly not home projects, but I needed a place to include them in my '19 summing up.

I would love to do a collage for the entire last decade, but gosh, pulling together all those photos would be a job and a half! I don't know whether it would be worth the time or not. I could just scroll through all the finishes in the year-by-year "Pages" list. A whole decade and a bit extra are archived there.

New Year's Day was a pleasant one for DH and I. We partied pretty late to ring in the New Year, so we were slow to get moving, but by early afternoon we found the energy to get out on the bike trail for a 2.5 mile walk/jog. It was a gorgeous day, in the mid-40s, sunny with a light breeze. Perfect for blowing out the cobwebs of a late-night celebration. *grin*

Today, I am spending quality time with the Frankfort Girls - from 9-11:30, quilting at Terry's; then we are being treated to a surprise! Terry has something planned for the afternoon. I will report back with full details. *wink*

Happy Quilting, Friends!

1 comment:

  1. You made beautiful quilts last year and had a lot of other accomplishments also. Happy stitching in 2020!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!