Saturday, January 11, 2020

Did Someone Say Retail Therapy??

On Thursday, I joined Terry along with Sheryll and Becky - all of Frankfort Girls group - for a trip across eastern Ohio to the little river town of Belpre. The sunshine was a welcome companion and temperatures were far above normal for early January.

The purpose for the trip was for Terry to pick up a quilt that had been custom quilted by a long-armer over in that area. We made a full day of the trip by visiting three quilt shops - two in Belpre and one on our way home in McArthur.


Neff's is a combination quilt shop and home decor shop. Owner Beverly attends lots of quilt shows and is pretty well known by many quilters here in central Ohio. After I wandered through the fabric several times, I meandered around the rest of the space, checking out decorating ideas. Her main "look" is farmhouse primitive/early American. My fabric stash did grow a bit here at Neff's, but I refrained from making any home dec purchases.


From Neff's, we drove over to Sew Happy Quilting Traditions, a small shop tucked away on a busy downtown Belpre street. Isn't that red and white Ohio Star a welcome sight? Believe me, I noticed it! (See previous post.) Owner Rachelle has a small shop, but she has it packed full of pretty, popular lines of fabric. I managed to find several pieces to come home with me. *wink*

We located a very nice local restaurant for lunch - The Bellaire. We had many options, made yummy selections, lingered and relaxed before heading back to Ross County.


Driving home on Rt. 50 we stopped at the McArthur Quilt Shop. This is the shop that I went to twice back in November while I was trying to get my long-arm going. I was happy to see Terry, the man who fixed things for me, and to tell him that I was getting along just great. And, believe it or not, I found some fabric here, as well, to bring home with me! Amazing.


So, my stash is enhanced. I found fabric for two baby quilts that will be needed in the next month or two. Mostly, I bought fabrics to go in quilts that I sorta' have planned in the near future.

And that makes me think that I have not really set my 2020 goals down on paper yet, so that is something I need to get cracking on. Focus, woman, focus!!

Happy Quilting, Friends!



1 comment:

  1. How lovely to spend a day with friends, enjoying some fruitful retail therapy and a leisurely lunch. I hope you have many more days like this in 2020 :-)

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!