Saturday, January 25, 2020

Blockheads 3 - This Week's Block

Wednesday is the big day. That is when the new block pattern is revealed for quilters who are participating in the Moda Blockheads 3 sew along. There is a huge community of quilters involved, and I am following both the FB and the IG groups. I enjoy seeing the variety of blocks being made.


I print out every pattern whether I plan to make it immediately or not. It seems easy enough to do them as they come, pop the copy into a sleeve and file in a 3-ring binder. I did that with BH1 and BH2, even though I didn't make either of those quilts.

I am going to do BH3 for as long as my fat 8ths bundle holds out. If I can locate any additional yardage, I will get some, but I am not fretting about it. I am using a very out-of-print Moda line called Faith from a Collection for a Cause. I have always been drawn to pink and brown quilts, and the blocks I have so far made do not disappoint!!

Here is the block for this week, called Sunshine Star.


This week's block is tons less complicated than last week's, thankfully. I don't mind working on compex blocks, but I don't want a steady diet of them. Especially on a sew along, which I treat as a side project that can be done in spare moments here and there.


I cut my pieces out on Thursday evening, and took them to Terry's for a sewing day yesterday. It was fun to make this while still being able to visit with the girls.


Back here at home last night, I pulled the first block out to show the two of them together. See what I mean about a less complex block? That top one from last week, called Star Chain, was a doozy! My seam ripper and I became entirely too friendly for that block, let me tell you. All complaining aside, though, I love how it looks, and the combination of complex and simple blocks is sure to make my BH3 quilt all the more interesting.

Today, I am off to have lunch with a dear friend from my elementary and high school days. We both have January birthdays, and are getting together to celebrate today. Probably won't be any celebrating; just talking and catching up.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

1 comment:

  1. The blocks look good, lovely fabrics. Hope you can find more fabrics that will look good with the fabric you already have. This will make a lovely big quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!