Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Did 2019 Measure Up?

Before January gets away from me, I am taking a moment today to check my success rate for the goals I made for 2019. I actually had two separate goals list - one was the normal type of list (like I did yesterday) and one was a "bucket list"  (and bucket list, part 2) from an online list published by American Patchwork & Quilting magazine.

From my regular list, I planned to make quilts with 9-patches, large pieces, churn dash blocks and stars. I feel pretty good that all these things were accomplished.

Memoire a Paris; made in January 2019
9-Patch Exchange Quilt with the Frankfort Girls
Double 9-Patch UFO; made 2 quilts!
Moda Love; BIG pieces!
Weathervane quilt; BIG pieces!
Jelly Roll quilt incorporating 4-patch blocks.
Churn Dash mini-quilt.






Probably the biggest accomplishment of 2019 wasn't even on a list. Getting that long arm machine out of the basement, up to the spare bedroom and WORKING! was a monumental accomplishment. Then to think that I actually quilted several quilts on it impresses me even more. Wow. I still pinch myself at times.

Now, about that bucket list from APQ magazine. The list - 50 items! - is far too long to cover in its entirety, so I will mention the ones that I really regret not accomplishing:

***I wanted to make a quilt using solids, even bought fabrics for it, but never followed through.
***I wanted to make a 2-color quilt.
***I wanted to make a quilt which combined 9-patch blocks and snowball blocks.
***I wanted to finish a Christmas project before Christmas; remember that Roman Holiday mini-quilt I was hand quilting? Still not done. *bummer*

Let me list a few bucket list items that I accomplished! These are worth mentioning:

***Learn to applique.
***Make an embroidery project.
***Finish a UFO - I finished 3!
***Donate pillowcases to a charity. Another charitable donation was the OSU t-shirt quilt I made for my husband's college fraternity. I have a future post about that quilt planned.

That about sums up 2019. Now on to accomplishing great things in 2020. This year promises to be even better and more productive.

Happy Quilting, Friends!









2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a fabulous year Jayne. I had to read twice because initially I thought that you had made all of those quilts THIS month :D. Maybe its time for new glasses...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like 2019 was a very productive year. I guess that is giving you good momentum into 2020. Enjoy your stitching and keep on sharing it on your blog - always a good read :-)

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!