Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Finished Wall Hanging

On a whim at the end of quilt camp, I began a red, white and blue wall hanging. Just minutes ago, I finished off the binding and hung it on the door. It's a week late for the Fourth, but I will leave it up for the rest of summer, I think.


I am quite pleased with it. The size is 20" square. The pattern is an adaptation of a Thimbleberries tablerunner. Instead of joining 3 stars, I opted for just one and it worked out just right, in my opinion. The fabrics are all from my stash, and the red and the blue are Thimbleberries fabrics, ironically enough. Perfect.

I want you to take a closer look at the border quilting. The design is from a handcut template that I found in my grandmother's quilting stuff. (A few months back, if you recall, she cleared out all her templates, and they came to me!) 



And speaking of Grandma, I am planning to visit her tomorrow. For awhile throughout the spring, I'd made the habit of going twice a week to see her, but  I've backed off to just once a week this summer. A mid-week visit will be a good thing.

Happy Quilting, Friends!






1 comment:

  1. Very nice door hanging and perfect all summer long. Just goes to show that in quilting, nothing is old. Very nice hand quilting. How sweet that you go to visit with your grandmother.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!