Friday, July 6, 2012

Reconfiguring

That's the fancy name I am giving the re-do in my sewing room. After a couple of years of bringing all cutting activities down to the kitchen where the counter is at a comfortable height, I took the plunge to create a better cutting space. It'd be nice to be able to keep all the quilting activities in the same room, ya' know?


I moved a couple of bookshelves out into the middle of the room. By placing them back to back, I have an island that is a very comfortable height for rotary cutting. This pic shows that I'm still in the cleaning (duster on the floor) and arranging (sewing table too close to island) phase, but this is basically how I am proceeding.


I am by no means finished with the task. That mess in the hallway leading into the sewing room is stuff that came out and needs to be returned. Ugh!! I don't know what to do with it all! I need to consolidate a few things and throw out even more. (I do tend to be a packrat, in case you were wondering.)

It's all on hold for another day or two while I finish up Plan C, which is coming along nicely. Doing a project in the middle of this reconfiguration has shown me where I need to re-think a few things, and adjust accordingly, so I guess there ends up being a method to this madness. Pictures of Plan C progress tomorrow, hopefully.

And speaking of tomorrow, guess what?!!? It's time once again for Lone Star Saturday!


Our first-Saturday-of-the-month adventure is now into it's 7th installment, and Quilt Sue will be our hostess with the mostest. If you are sewing along with us, get those pics and posts ready to share! If instead, you have simply been following all the fun, check in tomorrow with Sue and me to see what magic has transpired since our June get-together.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a workable floor plan. I have been trying to clean out my sewing roon which is also a bedrooom when the grandsons sleep over and also the smallest bedroom in the house. I still cut on the kitchen island and iron/press in another bedroom. At least I get my exercise when I sew. Good luck with your re-do.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!