Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Campers' Show and Tell

Many of those who attend Quilt Camp don't regularly see each other at other times throughout the year. So we hear about this quilt or that quilt that so-and-so has made, but we rarely get to view them in person.

We remedied that a bit, this past week, though, a couple of campers brought in some of their pretty finishes for all of us to admire.


This is Georgia showing us a machine-appliqued Christmas quilt she recently finished. I believe I am correct in saying that this was a block-a-month project hosted by one of our local quilt shops. It is spectacular!


This is another Christmas quilt - wintery themed, perhaps - that Georgia machine appliqued. So pretty!


Yet another Georgia-made quilt; this one is paper-pieced. Love blue and yellow quilts; and I have recently had a growing desire to some paper-piecing, myself. I have that UFO, too, so I could should get going on it!


Georgia is a Kaffe girl, one of my favorite kinds of quilters! This is a fussy-cut project she is working on - predominantly pink, can you tell?


Another camper, Betty, brought a few to show us, too. Above is a Christmas tree skirt.


This Halloween wall-hanging was also something that Betty did. I'm thinking that the center is a panel, and she pieced blocks around it, then added the border. Very neat.


This Trip-Around-the-World quilt is stunning, isn't it? The fabrics are flannel, and even in excessive heat of the past few days, it looks so inviting. Give me a good book with a quilt like this on a cold wintry day and I am a happy camper! Betty keep your eye on this one, Betty...

That concludes our show-and-tell. We have had a tremendously successful 2012 Quilt Camp! May the cutting be smooth and the machines be humming until we meet again next June!

2 comments:

  1. What an interesting variety of quilts among your camper friends! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can say is oooooo and aaahhhhh!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!