Quilting Fun


While I love the satisfaction of finishing a quilt, it isn't the only way to have fun with quilting. Fun also comes from the great outings with girlfriends, shopping expeditions with Grandma, or just sitting in my "thoughtful spot" chair perusing magazines and books. The thrill of the next project waiting just there on the horizon...

Monday, July 23, 2012

Unexpected Shopping Trip

It happened last Thursday, when we sewed at Terry's. You read about that in the previous post. So, what I teased you with was the fabulous fabric find on said shopping trip!!


I have wanted this fabric for simply ages. I suppose I first saw it when the gals at Old Town Fabrics first displayed their Generals' Wives Quilt. What a great quilt. I opted not to sign up for the BOM club they were offering, but I really wanted to get my hands on that background fabric!!


Of course, the fabric had to be held back for the BOMmers, so I waited. Patiently. Oh. So. Patiently. That patience paid off on Thursday when I laid my eyes on 4 fat quarters of that exact fabric! Then when I exclaimed my excitement, Cindy (or was it Kelly) told me that there was a bolt of it on the shelf!


Squeals of delight!!


The bolt had 1.5+ yards, and I took it all, thank you very much! When finishing a bolt, they give a 10% discount!! Whoo-hoo!

Just in case you need a bit more eye candy, here is a pic taken from Windham Fabrics' website of the Generals' Wives quilt. It is amazing.


That's all! I looked at a lot of other fabrics, but finding this was all I wanted. There's something about putting oneself on a stash-reducing diet, and then finding the one fabric that has been long-desired. I have been really good about limiting my fabric purchases lately - for most of a year, actually. I've used a lot from the stash which was my intent. This small increase in the stash will be enough to satisfy my "need," I think. It's like allowing yourself a (very limited) sweets splurge after faithful, long-term dieting.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

2 comments:

Christine said...

Oh that fabric is stunning, so glad you got it I would have bought it too. Enjoy

QuiltSue said...

To my mind, that is just too beautiful to use as a background, it should be allowed to be the centrepiece of some lovely blocks.