Friday, February 7, 2020

A Baby Bag

I have just been as busy as a happy little bee in my sewing room lately. There has been no lack of projects keeping me occupied, a situation I hope will continue for a good while to come. So many of the things I have recently worked on were near-finishes, and with the efforts of the past couple of days, I can now count them as finishes. Yeah!


The baby quilt I finished off and wrote about in this post, now has a sweet bag made of the same fabrics. I will use it as a gift bag for the quilt; I hope that the new momma will use it as a diaper bag or a grocery bag. It could serve mulitple uses.


After playing around with remnants from the quilt and ending up with this star, I arrived at the decision to turn the star block into a panel for a bag. I worked on it most of one day this week, and I am pleased with my results.


We have had such cloudy days lately, that I set the bag on a barstool in the window to get adequate lighting. I lined the star block and used it to form a front pocket. The strap is filled with a scrap of batting to make it comfortable as a cross-body bag or a shoulder bag.



Inside, I have two smaller pockets made with the larger yellow and white dot fabric. I had a clasp on hand, so I inserted it to keep small things like pacifiers and rattles from falling out. You can see the front pocket opened up in this picture, too.


And tucked into the bag is the quilt, awaiting the birth of the baby it is made for. I am happy to have this project finished, and checked off my to-do list. I am also eager to meet the little girl when she arrives, and give her her first quilt.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

1 comment:

  1. Making the bag from the scraps is a great idea! What a wonderful addition to the gift for the mom to be. Beautiful finishes!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!