Friday, February 28, 2020

Scrappy 4-Patches

I had a bit of free time last evening, but not enough to really make a dent in anything significant. So I grabbed the 2-inch scraps I've been cutting and began chain stitching. It was a productive hour or so when I pressed the last of this batch. Take a look!


I made a total of about 44 blocks. The fabrics are all scraps and I have barely scratched the surface of all that I have cut. It looks like the majority of my colors are blue and rust. And neutral. There will be plenty of additional colors to come, for sure.


I just love the variety! And most of these fabrics remind me of past projects. I love that. When these eventually get used in a quilt, there will be reminders of the many hours spent on the original projects represented as well as the wonderful quilt the scraps went into.


All of these 4-patches made with the 2-inch squares will be used as the centers for square-in-a-square blocks, like the ones shown below. I made these few last month, and I am super-motivated to make more.


Short and sweet, today, Peeps! There's been no time for blogging, as I have been on the go all day.

I had quilting this morning at Helen's with the rest of the Frankfort Girls. Then I got to spend an hour or so with a new momma and her precious baby daughter, the recipient of a recent baby quilt. A bit later, then, I went to the funeral home for a friend whose mother passed away. And tonight we had our traditional Friday night dinner at our favorite Hillsboro Mexican restaurant, La Cascada. Mmmm.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!