Wednesday, February 26, 2020

A Quilted Finish!

I loaded a quilt on Monday and quilted it! I promised myself as I began this year that I would quilt a minimum of two quilts each month. I did a baby quilt earlier and now I have done this one, so I am hitting my goal in these first two months of 2020.



I made Simple Sixteen in very late December of 2018, a super easy, super fast quilt with 30's prints. I wrote about it in this post.





I got along great with my quilting until the last 30 inches or so of the final pass of the machine. I began having threads breaking - it was very, very aggravating. I don't know for sure what the trouble was, but I switched out the bobbin, and after that I finished without incident. I did all the usual troubleshooting: rethread the machine, clean out the lint. Since it was the bobbin thread that was breaking, I checked the bobbin tension, and then I changed the bobbin. I don't know. Do some prewound bobbins cause problems? I will ask around.

 So here she is, trimmed up and draped over the Tin Lizzie. I will prep the binding from the excess of backing; I hope I can get it all finished up this week.

Happy Quilting, Friends!




2 comments:

  1. Nice job! Frustrations happen from time to time with long arms. Sometimes you never get an answer for "why". Doesn't it feel great to get some finishes!? I've got a few tops languishing in my closet also I need to get to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it is so much fun seeing you enjoy your machine - and getting quilts quilted! Lovely quilt. Hope you solve the bobbin question.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!