Monday, February 24, 2020

Practice Block

Happy Monday, Quilting Friends! Are you all geared up to tackle this final week of February? It is exciting to look forward to March which brings S-P-R-I-N-G!

I believe I have written about making practice blocks or test blocks each month for our Frankfort Girls sew-along. I have been using scraps from my 30s remnants for the trial blocks before going forward with my red and white blocks for the "real" project. Have a look at my "real" blocks here.

Turns out that I am loving these trial blocks so much that I plan to make a quilt with them also! Here are the three I've done so far.

January Block - Ohio Star

February Block - Churn Dash


March Block- Basket
All my blocks are 9.5 inches unfinished. So far these three have come out just perfect. Now we await our next assignment which will come from Terry.

This is a fun sew-along - few rules. The freedom for individual decisions is wonderful!

Happy Quilting, Friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!