Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Block-Making Fun

The fabulous Frankfort Girls have embarked on a year-long project - possibly the most loosely-structured sew-along ever. Each month, the first hostess of each month assigns a block to be made that month. Edited later - egad! What a sentence! Evidence of a late-night post and a tv distraction! Let me try this revision: We get new assignments from whichever one of us hosts first each month.  Since Becky was our hostess last Friday, our first meeting of March, it was her duty to assign a block - and she did! We are to make a basket block. As many as we want.


I am making two blocks each month, and made mine last evening. Pictured above, you see them on the bottom. The churn dash blocks are my February effort, and the Ohio Star blocks are the January assignment. My blocks are 9.5 inches. By the end of the year, I will have 24 blocks to use however I like. I can add setting blocks, or set them in any fashion I desire.

I'd best be sketching out some options!

Hope you have a great day! DH and I are taking a drive to buy some fabric! More details, later.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!