Thursday, February 27, 2020

Finishing a Small UFO

Instagram has many benefits for crafters of all sorts, and quilters especially make excellent use of the program. I recently had a comment from someone who'd seen a picture I posted clear back on December 22, 2018, of a table topper I'd made. Icopied a design that I'd seen Frankfort Girls' group member Sheryll share at one of our get togethers. The fantastic simplicity and striking beauty really motivated me to make one myself. So I did! Check this post to see the flimsy. You'll have to scroll to the very end. Below is Sheryll's topper.


My version has fewer borders and has wider borders. I like them both ways. Mine was certainly faster, but Sheryll's has more space for stitch-in-the-ditch quilting. It's all a matter of choice, I suppose. The photo below shows my quilting stitches in the ditch.



I worked on this last evening, and thought I would just do the quilting, yet it went so fast I decided to find some suitable binding fabric and finish it all off. The topper measures 21" so really, a finish was easily accomplished.



It was late, so I did not remove my blue table cloth, but here is my little finish in the center of the kitchen table. I am glad I was prompted to pull this out and finish it. I have dozens of these small creations stacked up in the sewing room. It really needs to be a goal for me to finish some more.

Happy Quilting, Friends!




1 comment:

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!